Friday, July 25, 2008

Rainbow Mums

Stumpy's about to get some company!!

This week I stopped in at this wonderful perennial garden farm in Carlisle, MA - Rainbow Mums and I know that I'll be going back there soon!

The owners, Kathy and Mark showed me all around and took all kinds of time with me to share ideas about what kinds of perennials might work well together and in what conditions....and just shared with me their deep love and tremendous beauty of their place!

Their main premise is to provide people with their own home-grown specialty perennials -especially concentrating on fall blooms. The "selling point" that got me was the large size of their plants and the most reasonable prices they sell them at! I don't have to wait 3 years for these perennials to fill in...they're ready to POP!, fill in garden space, and just beautifully catch your eye! They have acres and acres of gardens and plants to show you and love to share all kinds of good info and tid-bits about each individual plant.

The plants that I bought from them are just gorgeous and hearty/hardy (is there a difference between these two words?!), and are ready to up-grade my garden look and fullness in a minute (well, maybe a few hours...after all this heavy rain, I still have to put them in the ground!!)

Check out their website...better yet, take a field trip there and enjoy the beautiful grounds that they've created. They've got beautiful Hostas (yes, I've finally started to admit that Hostas are beautiful!); gorgeous Ornamental Grasses; Black-eyed Susans; Echinacea; Asters, Ferns, Mums, ground covers and so much more!


http://rainbowmums.com/index.html

I'll add some pictures from our place once they're all planted!

No comments: